Saturday 15 November 2014

Montedos wholefoods fruit, nut and pine nut topper

Price: £1.29

Score (out of five): 4

Review: well, linked to my previous yoghurt review, I put this fruit, nut and pine nut topper on my whey-protein yoghurt to add a bit of texture.

It might not be much, but it is an excellent product. The golden raisins are coloured and preserved with sulphur dioxide but they are very plump and sweet. The dried blueberries add a really nice, firmer, sharp sweetness. Peanuts and pecan nuts are finely chopped to make a really nice crunchy and the pine nuts, are, well nutty. A very unpretentious product, but the sort of thing Lidl does excellently. And it also represents their fantastic "healthy checkouts" (M&S take note). I bought them initially as an impulse buy as I was waiting to be served, and now they're a permanent fixture on my shopping list. Bit pricey, so they've lost a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment